How to I create logins / change passwords for Teachers
This article assumes that your data is already set up on the system and your teachers are listed under Manage Teachers. If a teacher is not appearing and you use SIMS please see Teacher not appearing (SIMS) article. Alternatively, if you're a non-SIMS school see Adding a teacher manually. Please note that If you have set up single sign-on for your teachers (Firefly, Frog, etc) then your teachers will not be using this method of authentication and you should not use this guide.
Generate Teacher Logins
The Generate Teacher Logins option allows you to create, or reset, your teacher logins in bulk, saving time compared to doing each manually (for which see the second part of this article).
- From the Administrator Homepage select Manage Teachers. All teachers added to will be displayed.
- Click on Generate Teacher Logins at the top of the page.
- On the drop-down next to Accounts select if you would like to generate logins for:
All Teacher Accounts which generates logins for all your teachers even if they already have a login (those who have a login will get their password reset), or
Teachers without Passwords which only generates logins where no password has been set up.
- Click the Generate Logins for Teachers button. It may take a few minutes for the system to apply this.
- Once the logins are generated you will be taken back to the Manage Teachers list (where there will be will be a username assigned to the selected teachers) and an email will be sent to the affected teachers containing their username and a link for them to choose a password.
Manually Creating Login for One Teacher
If you only have a few users that need to be set up with a login, you can manually create their login (or change their password) via Manage Teachers.
- Hover over the teacher record for which you want to create a login and click on the pencil icon to edit the record.
- If you just want to reset that teacher's password, click the button at the top of the edit page. You will be taken back to Manage Teachers and receive the following message at the top of the page:
- If you want to create a login for that teacher, you need to edit the record.
In the Username field enter a username for the teacher to use. Then make sure there is a valid email address in the Email field.Click on Edit Teacher to save your changes.
- An email will then be sent to the teacher containing their username and a link for them to choose their password.