Syncing your data (iSAMS)
Do you use iSAMS as your School Management System? In this article we will take you through the steps to sync your data from iSAMS to your Parents Evening System. This will cover you setting the data up on your system for the first time or if you want to refresh the data that is held on the system.
Setting up iSAMS integration
Note: This section only needs to be followed if you are setting your system up for the first time or your iSAMS details have updated. If the integration is already set up please follow the 'Syncing your data from iSAMS' section below.
- Pupil Manager - Contacts
- Pupil Manager - Current Students
- Pupil Manager - Custom Pupil Group Membership
- Pupil Manager - Custom Pupil Groups
- School Manager - Academic Houses
- School Manager - Boarding Houses
- School Manager - Forms
- School Manager - School Divisions
- School Manager - Years
- Teaching Manager - Departments & Subjects
- Teaching Manager - Teaching Forms
- Teaching Manager - Teaching Sets
- Teaching Manager - Teaching Set Lists
If you're asked for a list of allowed IP addresses in the iSAMS API Services Manager, please allow access from 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124. Please set the Batch API Key to refresh every 1 hour rather than the default 24 hours. Once you have set this up please email us your iSAMS web address and the Batch API key. We will then complete the integration for you and let you know once this has been done.
Syncing your data from iSAMS
Once the iSAMS integration has been set up you can then run a sync from iSAMS at any time. We would normally recommend that you run this whenever you are setting up a new evening or event to ensure all your data is up to date.
You can also run a sync while you have an evening up and running and if you have data that you would like to update. If doing this please be aware that if a teacher or student is removed from the new sync that already has bookings for your evening these would be deleted from the system.
To preform a sync with iSAMS please follow the steps below:
- From the Administrator Homepage of the Parents Evening System select Data Sync > Run Sync Now.
- Once the sync has fully run you should see a message screen showing that the last sync was successful and the date and time of this.
- Should the sync fail please try to sync again and if you're still experience issues please get in touch with us and we can check the reason for you.