Managing the Waiting List
The waiting list option gives parents the opportunity to add themselves to a waiting list to request an appointment when one becomes available, with a teacher who is fully booked for an evening - or request a place/ticket for an event where all the places have already been taken. In this article we will show you how to enable the waiting list and view and manage this.
Enabling the Waiting List
The waiting list is enabled by default on initial set up of your system however to re-enable this if it has been disabled or to check it is set up follow the steps below.
- From the Administrator Homepage select System Settings > Waiting List.
- Click on the box next to Waiting List Enabled.
- Click on Update System Settings.
- The waiting list will now be enabled. Parents will have the option to add themselves to the waiting list if a teacher is fully booked for an evening or all your places/tickets have been taken for an event, they can also add a note if they wish.
Viewing and managing the Waiting List
As an administrator you are able to view who has added themselves to the waiting list following the steps below.
- From the Administrator Homepage select Waiting List.
- To view the waiting list for an evening select the relevant evening from the drop-down under Select Evening. The waiting list will be detailed on screen. The details included are the name and department of the Teacher, Student and Parent names, the date and time Added to the waiting list and any Notes entered by the parent.
- To view for an Event choose the event from the drop-down under Select Event. The details will appear on screen. These include the student and parent details, the date and time they were added to the waiting list and the number of tickets/places requested.
- You can print the waiting list by selecting Print Waiting List from the top left hand side of the screen.
- If you would like to export the waiting list to a CSV file this can be done by selecting Export Waiting List.
- The system will not automatically assign places to people on the waiting list if they become available, this is something that needs to be manually managed. You can check the date and time the entries were added to see who has been on the waiting list longest.
As an administrator you can make a booking for the parent from the Administrator Homepage under Add a Booking or contact the parent and advise them to make the booking themselves.
- To remove an entry from the waiting list click on the red cross that appears on the entry when selected.A box will then pop up asking Are you sure? with the details of the entry that will be deleted.To confirm click on Delete Waiting List Entry or if you do not want to delete the entry click Cancel.
- If you would like to disable the Waiting List altogether Click on Disable Waiting List on the left hand side.Follow the steps from How do I disable the waiting list?