Progresso: How to set up Progresso integration
Do you use Progresso as your School Management System? In this article we will take you through the steps to sync your data from Progresso to your Parents Evening System for the first time or if you want to refresh the data that is held on the system.
Setting up Progresso integration
Note: This section only needs to be followed if you are setting your system up for the first time. If the integration is already set up please follow the 'Syncing your data from Facility' section below.
The integration with Progresso is done via the Progresso API. To set this up please grant us access to the Progresso API with the following data areas:
- Employee Contact Relationship
- Learner Contact Relationship
- Learner Group
- Learner Subject
- Master Data
Once you have done this please follow the steps below.
- Enter the web address for your system into your browser. You will be taken to the Getting Started page.Select the Timezone and Date Format you would like your system set up for.Click Next.
- From the drop-down under School Management System select Advanced Learning Progresso.
- Select click here under Data Transfer from Progresso.
- The Data Sync page will display the details listed above for setting up your Progresso API. In the Progresso School ID field enter you School ID.
- Click Update Progresso Settings to save.
Syncing your data from Progresso
Once the Progresso integration has been set up you can then run a sync from Progresso at any time. We would normally recommend preform a sync whenever you are setting up a new evening or event to ensure all your data is up to date.
You can run the Progresso sync during an evening or event, but please be aware that if a teacher or student is removed from the newly synchronised data that already has bookings for your evening or event these would be deleted from the system.
To preform a sync with Progresso, please follow the steps below:
- From the Administrator Homepage of the Parents Evening System select Data Sync > Run Sync Now.
- Once the sync has completed you should see a message screen showing that the last sync was successful and the date and time of this.
- Should the sync fail for any reason please try this again and if you're still experiencing issues, please contact us and we can check the reason for you from our end.