Firefly: how to setup Firefly as a parental Single Sign-On method
if you do not sync with a management system you cannot use Firefly for single sign-on. This guide shows you how to set up your Parents Evening System to work with Firefly. The benefit of this is that it allows parents access once they have logged into their Firefly account, rather than by having to enter their details each time they log into the system.
- On the administrator home page, navigate into System Settings > Parent Authentication. From here, make sure Firefly is selected from the list of Single Sign-On options.
- Enter the URL for your Firefly server into the Firefly URL box.
- Now that the changes have been made, please click Update System Settings to save your changes.
How does the parent log in?
When the setup is complete, the Parent Log-In page will change to look like this:
By clicking on the Log in With Firefly button, they will either:
- Be logged in directly using their account so they will see the parent home page directly
- Be directed to the Firefly login portal where they can log in