ScholarPack: How to set up integration
This guide will walk you through synchronising your SchoolCloud Parents Evening with ScholarPack and keeping the data up to date. Prior to setting up the system with ScholarPack integration, you may wish to check our ScholarPack; What data is pulled through? guide for information on what data we pull from the management system.
Setting up ScholarPack integration
Note: This section only needs to be followed if you are setting your system up for the first time or your ScholarPack details have updated. If the integration is already set up please follow the 'Syncing your data from ScholarPack' section below.
To set up ScholarPack integration, you need to grant us access to your data. Make sure that you have the System Administrator permission assigned to your ScholarPack user, then follow the steps below:
- In ScholarPack, go to Admin > Config > API Configuration.
- Select School Cloud Systems from the list of available providers, then activate the API integration.
- A window will show advising you of the details we need to use to connect. Please contact us, using the link in the green bar at the top right of this page, with the School Name, URL and Scholar_School details. We will then email you when your setup has been completed and we have run the initial sync for you.
Syncing your data from ScholarPack
Once the ScholarPack integration has been set up you can then run a sync from ScholarPack at any time. We would normally recommend that you run this whenever you are setting up a new evening or event to ensure all your data is up to date.
You can also run a sync while you have an evening up and running if you have data that you would like to update. If doing this please be aware that if a teacher or student is removed from the new sync that already has bookings for your evening/event the bookings would be deleted from the system.
To preform a sync with ScholarPack please follow the steps below:
- In SchoolCloud, click Data on the navigation bar.
- Click Run on the Data Dashboard to run the sync.
Should the sync fail please try to sync again and if you still experience issues please get in touch with us by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can check the reason for you. The most common reason we'd expect for a sync failure on ScholarPack is a DFE reference change. If you know that's changed, please let us know your school's DFE reference and we can update it which should fix the problem.