WCBS: How to set up WCBS integration
This article tells you what you need to do to sync data from WCBS to your Parents Evening System, both when setting your system up for the first time and when you later want to refresh the data.
What details do I need to set up WCBS integration?
The details you will need before you can set up the integration are detailed below.
- API Version. Either API v1 or V2.
- WCBS base URL (should be in the format wcbsapi.<school address>)
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- School Code (Optional). This is only required if your API covers multiple schools.
If you are unsure of any of the details please contact your support at WCBS for further advice.
Setting up WCBS integration
Follow the steps below to set up the integration.
- Log in to Parents Evening System as an admin.
- If this is the first time you have used the system you will be presented with the Getting Started wizard and can select WCBS from the available School Management Systems in the second step: Alternatively, go to the navigation bar on the left and click Settings > Data Import Source.
- You can now enter the details obtained earlier in the relevant fields.Once entered click Save.You are now ready to sync your data. Follow the section below for how to do this.
Syncing your data from WCBS
Once WCBS integration is in place you can run a sync from WCBS at any time. To ensure all your data is up to date, we recommend this is done whenever you are setting up a new evening or event.
If you need to run a sync while you have a live evening or event, be aware that if a teacher or student with existing bookings is removed by the new sync those bookings will also be deleted from the system.
To perform a sync:
- Log into the Parents' Evening System administrator panel.
- Select Data on the left. This will take you to the Data Dashboard page.
Click Run to run a sync from WCBS into the Parents Evening System.When the sync completes the Last synced date and time will be updated to the latest run on screen.
If the sync fails please check all the WCBS details entered, when you click on Update Configuration, are correct and try running the sync again. If you are unable to resolve please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0333 3443403 for further advice.