Arbor: How to set up integration
Setting up Arbor integration
Note:On a new system, you will usually have done this via the Getting Started wizard. In any other case please follow the steps below.
If it is already set up please skip to Syncing your data from Arbor below.
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting the integration be set up.
- We will send a request to Arbor for access and let you know by email that this has been done.
- On receipt of our email you need to log into Arbor to authorise our request. Please see Arbors' guide here on how to do this.
- Once we have received confirmation from Arbor that the request has been authorised we will run the first sync of your system.
Once this has completed successfully we will advise you of this by email.
Once this process is completed, return to your system and complete any remaining requirements (either in the Getting Started Wizard or in Settings > Data Input Source) required.
Syncing your data from Arbor
Once Arbor integration is set up you can run a sync from Arbor at any time. We recommend doing so whenever you are setting up a new evening/event to ensure your data is up to date.
You can also run a sync if you have new or changed data in Arbor that needs to be brought into your Parents Evening System - including when you have a live evening/event. Be aware that if a teacher or student is removed by running a sync then any bookings involving them would be deleted from the system.
To run a sync with Arbor:
- Click Data on the navigation bar to load the Data Dashboard.
- Click Run on the Data Dashboard.
- Update Configuration allows you to choose if you would like to use the Preferred Names or Legal Names of students. If you want to change what is included pick the preferred option from the drop down and click Save, The next sync run will then include the amended option.
- Should the sync fail please try to running again and if you still experience issues please get in touch with us by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can check the reason for you.