Administrator: How to book an appointment for a parent
The Parents' Evening System allows the administrators on the system to create appointments on evenings. This guide shows you how to do this.
- Log into the Parents' Evening System as an administrator.
- Click Evenings on the navigation panel then Go To Evening.
- Click Add Appointment under the Common Actions section.
- Select the student and parent you wish to make the booking for.
- If you have multiple dates on the evening, select the date you would like to make the bookings via Choose Evening Date.If your Evening is a Hybrid Evening, where some blocks of time are video calls and other in-person and both are running on the same date, you will also need to select the type of appointment if both are running on the same date.
- As an administrator you can book using the automatic or manual booking method. The automatic method is handy if the parent doesn't mind which order they see teachers in.
Consult the relevant section below for information on the next steps.
- To book automatically: select the availability for the parent and which teachers that parent wants to see.
If the parent requires a translator, you can select this further down the screen. This option is only available if it's been enabled on your system. You can read how to do this here
- Click Next and you will be shown the appointments. These are reserved for you for 2 minutes so you can confirm the times are acceptable with the parent if needed. If they are acceptable, click Accept Appointments to move to the next step - otherwise click Reject Appointments which will return you to the previous step.
- When you accept the appointments an email is sent to the parent confirming the details and you see the Appointments Confirmed screen. From this you can print out an appointment list, if wished. If you need to edit/amend these bookings later you can do it by going into the Manage Appointments section for the evening.
- To book manually: Select the teachers the parent wishes to see on the evening.If the parent requires a translator, you can select this further down the screen. This option is only available if it's been enabled on your system. You can read how to do this here
- Click the plus sign on the green block for the time the parent wishes to see the teacher. The appointment is instantly booked and once you finish making bookings an email is sent to the parent letting them know the details.
- If you need to edit/amend these bookings later you can do it by going into the Manage Appointments section for the evening.